It actually becomes common sense that inhaling the scary 7,357 extremely dangerous chemicals in tobacco smoke cannot even remotely compare with an ecigarette with its few ingredients for example nicotine, flavour (if you use our Doubler Eliquids safest known ingredients only) and harmless propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin.
You are going to just have to help make your own choices. Smoke or ejuice?
More research on smoke.. warning scary!
Researchers have estimated that cigarette smoke has 7,357 chemical compounds from many different classes (Rodgman and Perfetti 2009
- Several of the more commonly known chemicals in cigarette smoke
Cancer causing chemicals in tobacco smoke include:
- Vinyl chloride;
- Ethylene oxide;
- Nickel; and
Toxic chemicals in tobacco smoke include:
- Nicotine - the addictive agent in tobacco smoke;
- Formaldehyde - found in preservation of laboratory specimens;
- Ammonia - found in toilet cleaner;
- Hydrogen Cyanide - used in rat poison;
- Acetone - used in nail polish remover;
- Deadly carbon monoxide - within car exhaust;
- Tar - particulate matter in cigarette smoke;
- Toluene - found in paint thinners;
- Phenol - used in fertilisers. 1,2
These chemicals are considered toxic because they have serious health impacts around the
human body. For instance:
- Hydrogen cyanide, deadly carbon monoxide and tar cause, or are connected to,
cardiovascular disease and chronic obstructive lung disease;1 and
- Ammonia and formaldehyde cause eye, nose and throat irritations and other
difficulty in breathing.
Now here an extensive listing of chemical components found in tobacco smoke: